Saturday, May 29, 2010

MOVING!

There must be some kind of record. We are moving for the 3rd time in 11 months! Hopefully, though, this will be the last move for a VERY long time.

We love our apartment, and it breaks my heart to leave. However, it is too far of a drive for my Darling Husband to commute to his NEW JOB!!!! That's right, DH got offered a job in Jacksonville, FL working for the Navy! He LOVES doing what they hired him to do, and it's a significant pay increase from what he's making now, so it's a blessing.

We knew he was being considered for the position, as the process started a month ago. Last week they had us go up for him to complete a physical, which he passed. The final word came in 2 days ago, and he has to report on June 7th!!! That's right, we have ONE WEEK to pack up our house and move! I am very stressed at this prospect.

We went up to Jacksonville again 2 days ago to look for a place to live. God has blessed us many times over. We found a place easily. God provided us with a 3 bed, 2 bath home on 2 acres for rent. Even the little things are perfect! The side yard is fenced and off the kitchen so that I can watch the kids while I cook/clean (I seem to spend a LOT of time in the kitchen), and keep them separate and safe from the horse (or is it keeping the horse separate and safe from them?). The property owners own a big Quarter Horse farm right behind our property, so I have experienced horse people right there to ask questions (or get help from in a situation beyond my experience). I will also have full use of their facilities for riding! Additionally, continuing down our road is direct access to thousands of acres of riding trails! Once I get my horse re-trained, it will be a lot of fun. :-)

My dad is going to bring up his camper and park it on our property so they will have a "retreat" of sorts, and an excuse to come see their grandkids.

I'm scared of taking Sweet Pea, Little Man, and Baby Girl away from my family...and terrified of the prospect of being so far away from help. But I trust that the Lord will continue to provide. :-) What an exercise in faith!

Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

John said...

Congratulations on your husband's new job. I pray that the move will be easy on you all but especially for you because it's no cake walk when you several children. I have four living children, two in diapers so I know! :) A good wife is a blessing.

John
http://biblebooksandbrides.blogspot.com