Thursday, September 25, 2008

40 Days!

No, not 40 days and 40 nights of rain, but rather...40 days to my due date!

WOW! I can't believe it's so CLOSE! Little Miss is going to be here before we know it.

Of course, she decided to wake Mommy up at 4 o'clock yesterday morning with some vigorous kicking. For 3 hours she kept me awake. And when she was done...

...

...

...

...

SHE WAS TRANSVERSE!

The little stinker moved from vertex (head down) and as my darling husband puts it, "launch position" to transverse (or sideways). Her head was between 1 and 2 o'clock (on my uterus) and her little bum at around 6 or 7 o'clock.

At the ultrasound that day, she measured 36 weeks 1 day, and I was 34 weeks 1 day...and she weighs about 6 lbs (so about 65th or 70th percentile...so a good size, but not a huge size). She's long for her size. That means less room.

She has 2 weeks. 2 weeks to get back into "launch position" or my plans for a home birth, what I've fought for the entire pregnancy, go out the window as I go to a perinatologst (doctor who specializes in high risk pregnancies) and he tries an external version (manually turning the baby). If not, then I get the knife b/c there is no way that a baby can physically come out a va-jay-jay spine first.

I've been back to the chiropractor today to have her perform Webster's Technique on me. My pelvis that is usually badly misaligned but very mobile is totally frozen. my Sacrum is frozen. My Round Ligaments are pulled tight. This is probably what torqued my uterus and prompted Little Miss to flip around. So, after nice adjustment, a complimentary 15 min. prenatal massage from the massage therapist who shares the office, and a LOT of walking around, she's trying to move some more. She's been moving around all evening.

So, prayers that in the next 12 days Little Miss flips back head down are GREATLY appreciated. I REALLY don't want a c-section (the thought of the recovery terrifies me: I will have NO help from family).

But anyway, 40 days!!!!! WOW!

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

As someone who has HAD a c-section, I will ABSOLUTELY pray for you!! The recovery really IS rough-- and that's without having other kids to take care of!!

Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile. This internship is killing me. The only reason I'm even on the computer tonight is because tomorrow is a day off (Yom Kippur) so rather than write lesson plans, I'm finally catching up on blogs!!