Sunday, August 03, 2008

He called the COPS!

Okay, so William had a late nap today, falling asleep on the way home from the mall and sleeping until 7pm (from 5pm to 7pm). Thus, he was up late. This is not normal for him, and it is frustrating b/c DH and I are trying to keep an eye on him while we work on our individual homework assignments, which is why we wait until the kids are sleeping to attempt any homework...trying to get it done while the kids are awake is a mute point...a lost cause...b/c we just can't focus on homework AND provide adequate supervision to a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. I'm sure you all can relate. LOL

So, while I'm sitting here on my bed working on a paper regarding the roll of police officers in the court room and the ways in which their testimonies can impact a case (yes, blah..bland...can I go to sleep yet? ROFL I'm a Criminal Justice major, and will be graduating in 4 weeks!!!), William is sitting at the foot of my bed playing with some toys.

My phone rings. I look up and William has it. Okay, no biggie. I have T-Mobile and Myfaves, so if he hits talk, it'll just call DH. Thus, I've never been concerned about him getting a hold of my phone. He handed me the phone, and I didn't recognize the number. Since it was 10:30 at night, and I have a friend whose 30 wks pregnant and been battling pre-term labor, I figured I should answer just to make sure it wasn't her in labor.

IT WAS THE POLICE!!! The Police Officer informed me that they'd just received a 911 call from this number, and was wondering if everything was okay. I informed him that yes, everything was fine and my son had gotten a hold of my phone. I thanked him for calling back and looking out for us this way, but that everything was okay and I'd be placing my phone out of my son's reach. He said he understood, that it happens all the time, and wished me a good evening.

I hung up, hollered for DH, and then scrolled through my dialed calls, baffled at how a 2 yr old could manage to dial the numbers "911" (when I let him have my phone WITH supervision, he normally hits numbers that are next to each other, not so far apart). He dialed 112. The entry registered it as an emergency number. I've never heard of this before, but am CERTAINLY going to be keeping my keypad locked from now on. Geez!

So, my 2 yr old son called the cops on me. Boy, I certainly hope this isn't a sign of things to come. LOL

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled evenings (and I'm headed back to my paper).

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

So...if I dial 112, it actually calls 911??

Weird. Even weirder that this happened while you were writing a paper about police!