Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Update

Wow, no special title here. LOL I had another ultrasound today. Baby is continuing to be checked every 6 weeks for any bone deformities (since Sweet Pea has some bone issues) and today was our 24 week scan. I am 24 weeks today. Baby is measuring as an absolutely perfect 50th percentile 25 week 5 day gestational age baby GIRL! Yes, she's still a girl and still a Samantha Rose. She's measuring big, but proportionate for all bone/structure measurements. So, the perinatologist isn't worried. She currently weighs in at 1 lb 10 oz. So, she's a nice healthy size for her age.

I then went to the chiropractor up the road for an adjustment. I've not been in 6 weeks (gas is $4 a gal. and she's a 30-45 min. drive...OUCH!) and have been in excruciating pain in my pelvic/lower back area. It turns out that my sacrum is out of alignment, and is causing me to be in so much pain that by the kids' bed time I'm in agony and don't get out of bed myself (I sit there on my lap top working on homework). The sacrum is a bone but also a joint. Imagine your shoulder or rib being misaligned. Then put all your weight bearing on that section, add a growing uterus pressing up against it and that joint having to bear the weight of a 2 lb baby, the uterus, and the weight of all the amniotic fluid and placenta. From this picture I'm sure you can imagine the kind of pain that this leaves me in.

Finally, the misalignment is causing the baby to be breech. Not a big concern at 24 weeks, but since I can feel her trying to turn head down every night, it shows enough that we will have bigger concerns down the road if this problem isn't dealt with now. So, back to weekly adjustments. And, for tonight, back to icing my back.

That's all for now! I have some great sono pictures that I'll try and get DH to scan later for me. :o)

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I love getting ultrasounds! Can't wait to see the pics!

Did you get my email last week? I never heard back from you. I ended up getting so sick while I was in Lakeland, it was just crazy. I promise I wasn't just brushing you off.