Sunday, April 29, 2007

Cat Pee...

Okay, since I AM a Christian woman I won't use the word most people would have used. I must confess, though, that when this incident happened...well, "pee" wasn't the word that flew out of my mouth when DH asked me what happened. For that, I am sorry. :o(

Anyway, I am stressed. This week has been spent trying to prepare for next week. Next week is the week I am spending all week, away from my children (and my nursing son) to take the course to become a certified lactation consultant. There is a LOT of pressure on me regarding it and I have a LOT to do to prepare...the least of which is laundry.

Lots, and lots, and lots, of laundry. Why? Because I know DH won't be doing during the week, I have only a few outfits that will work for the week, and I won't have time to do it during the week.

So, I am loading the washer w/ one of the two loads of towels I have to wash. The cat comes up and starts rubbing up against my feet yowling. He's been yowling a lot lately. Frankly, he's been driving me up the wall with all his yowling.

Why is he yowling? Because he wants to go outside. But he is not allowed outside. Why? Because this time he came back w/ a leg so swollen he couldn't walk, and a so infected it was abscessed and it's been draining for almost 3 weeks now. That means I have to clean out his leg twice daily. Yea...it sucks. Last time? He came back missing two toes!! He got into a fight w/ another cat and that other cat ripped two toes out of one of his back feet! So, KiKi is now an indoor cat...and he's letting us know just how much he hates it.

So, I didn't think anything of his yowling. He apparently decided to get even.

I'm putting towel after towel into the washer, sorting, pulling out wash clothes b/c those have to be bleached, and suddenly...IT happens.

Yes...IT.

I sniff. *sniff sniff* I smell IT.

Then, I use my 2nd sense. I feel IT.

Yes, FEEL IT.

What is IT?

THE CAT WAS PEEING ON MY FOOT!!! THE STINKIN' CAT WHO HAS CAUSED ME MORE GREEF THAN HE'S WORTH PEED ON MY FOOT!!!!!

My pants, my ONLY pair of cute boot cut jeans that FIT, became a casualty of our little war. I had JUST showered, taken the trash out, loaded and started the dishwasher, and was CLEAN. I was actually wearing clothes that were clean and look good on me and FIT...and he PEED on them!

What did I do? I had the last war in this battle. Since he was peeing ON my FOOT, my foot was in the prime position to pretend to be a super bowl football player. I did what anyone in my (now wet and smelly) situation would have done.

I went for the 50 yard field goal. I wasn't kicking pig skin though...I was kicking wet, peeing, cat skin. Across my kitchen, across my dining room, and into the family room.

I screamed as I kicked.

DH knew why he'd been kicked into the family room.

He was waiting.

Kiki is now in the dog kennel...yowling. He's not coming out. His litter box is in there, it's clean, the door was open...there was no reason for him to pee on me and my pants (oh yea...and my floor...my freshly mopped floor). So, he's in 'kitty jail' now. We'll see how long he lasts.

Suddenly, the humane society is sounding kind of nice. *sigh* But, he's the kids' cat. Sweet Pea would miss him. Would I? Ask me tomorrow.

No comments: